Software Motor Company (SMC) is the world-leading provider of ultra-high-efficiency motors that feature a patented, software commutated, high rotor pole switched reluctance motor system. The company was founded in Silicon Valley to bring the benefits of the Internet of Things, secure wireless networking, and big data to electric motors, which collectively consume over 45 percent of global electricity.
SMC motors are easy to install and integrate with new and legacy HVAC, refrigeration, and pumping systems, and deliver energy savings that are 20 to 50 percent higher than existing NEMA Premium Efficiency solutions.
“We believe in a future where any system that consumes power is optimized to its potential. We exist to develop and commercialize a new generation of high performance and low cost electric motor technology.”
At SMC we are on a mission to make the world’s most reliable, efficient, and intelligent motor. Since inception, we have set audacious goals, struggled well, experienced failures that we have learned from, and also achieved great milestones.
We are excited about what’s on the horizon:
- Accomplishing more ambitious goals
- Taking the long-term view
- Empowering our customers, employees, and partners to flourish
- And as a result of this, significantly enhance the state of any system that utilizes motors
We at SMC believe that motor technology is on the cusp of exponential innovation. Any exponential innovation requires a systematic market approach including an ecosystem that collaborates to achieve a strategically aligned value-chain. SMC is taking on the challenge to cultivate the building-blocks of such an ecosystem, encompassing visionary customers and strategic partners that are meaningfully engaged in achieving the highest value from next generation motors.
The SMC ecosystem of customers and partners include:
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Commercial building owners and operators across multiple sectors such as retail, office, biomedical facilities, restaurants
- HVACR contractors
- Utilities and Energy Service Companies (ESCO)