Energy efficiency is a constant pressure point: Do more with limited resources and get better outcomes. In the built environment, LED lighting, motion sensors, and mindful behaviors can help reduce energy use. And Building Management Systems and IoT enable Operations teams to manage buildings more easily than ever.
Yet, finance directors and climate experts expect more. What’s the next step in making existing buildings smarter, more communicative, responsive, and efficient? Every building has an army of motors that power fans and pumps in AC units, from RTUs to Central Plants to Parking Garage Ventilation. Replacing induction motors with the Smart Motor System can deliver energy savings on par with the saving from LED replacements, but in a system that uses more than twice the energy. 
Smart Motor System retrofits deliver even greater benefits than installing LEDs: REDUCING THE USE OF FAN MOTOR ENERGY BY 65% ON AVERAGE
- Supports more stringent energy code compliance
- Enables proactive and data-driven actions to optimize system operation
- Reduces electricity demand, which will help speed transition to clean energy systems
- Automatic software upgrades improve efficiency over time
Why does the world need a smarter motor?
Electric motors and the systems they drive are the single largest electrical end-use, consuming twice as much as lighting.
U.S. Energy Information Administration (2011). Energy-efficiency Policy Opportunities for Electric Motor-driven Systems
WHY RETROFIT WITH SMC SMART MOTORS?
- Higher efficiency and dependability than VFDs
- Simple design; inherently reliable
- Integrated control and monitoring
- Seamlessly integrate into your BMS, or easily program your own sensor controls
- Remote updates and machine learning make your system smarter over time
- Attractive return on investment
The future requires smarter buildings. The Smart Motor System is taking us there.
The Smart Motor System is drop-in replacement for the outdated, inefficient induction motors that are pervasive in millions of HVAC systems around the world. It’s the first software-driven switched reluctance motor: the most efficient, reliable, and intelligent motor ever made.